Monday, 10 December 2007

Lessons learnt from training week 1

Right, so I think that the reality of the situation is starting to sink in. I have started to tell people (and I have a facebook group too, which is basically like broadcasting anything to the world at large!) and they seem to be on board with it, although the general feeling is basically that I am insane to do it, and then they find out that I am doing it for the second time and really start to worry about my mental health.



Training: Week 1.



Well, not great, but not bad either!



Monday Night: Military Fitness



When in doubt simply enlist help from the army! I have been training with British Military Fitness (http://www.britmilfit.com/) since the start of this year. They are great! They run classes at parks across the UK, and loads in London, so you turn up, limber up and put yourself in their capable hands while they grind you into the ground for an hour. Running, circuits, sit-ups, press-ups, burpees (don't ask, they are as bad as they sound!), it is all fun and games... well, sort of... no, it is! I really enjoy it, but in a kind of perverse way. They push you to your limits, but at the end of it you do feel like you have really worked out and you can feel the improvement in your fitness from the first class.



Wednesday Lunchtime: 6 mile run



Working in Regent's Park is great, it means that a whole little running track, in the form of Regent's Park and Primrose Hill is there before me at lunchtime, and I need to start taking full advantage. A lap of the park is 3 miles, so it is time to start making every lap count I feel...

I had meant to then go to Military Fitness twice at the weekend, but got a bit of a sniff, so ducked out... and it is getting icy... and the class is at 9am... and this is the time for excuses because after Jan 1st 2008 there are NO EXCUSES bar an injury that keeps me from doing any actual running, so I might as well play the wimp card now while I can...

1 comment:

John Smith said...

Thanks for Sharing information on Fitness
Buy Dianabol UK