Monday, 11 February 2008

14 miles and home...

Ouch, ouch, ouch... adding just 2 miles on last week's 12 has not agreed with me!

Just got back from a 14 mile detour to home, via Regent's Park (3 laps) and then home to my humble abode. Steady pace, but uncomfortable towards the end. Somewhere around Victoria it started to really kick in and my usual 100 yard walk/cool down at the end was really more of a hobble than anything else!!

Still I am going to shower (longer runs are good but once you sit down for about 10 minutes you realise that you smell, like really smell, not just a faint whiff, a real sweaty pong! Nice!), eat a big bowl of pasta and vegetate in front of some TV. With a lot of stretching thrown in so that tomorrow when I get out of bed I don't actually have to hobble to the bathroom! Oh and I might light a scented candle...

Don't worry though, I'll live to run another mile, or hopefully another 26.2...

PS Big thanks to Dan for being my first sponsor! :) Karma will be looking out for you this week!

No comments: